Locally-sourced food fuels Cobb Galleria Centre menus
Chef Nicholas Walker celebrates his Southern roots by incorporating house-made, locally and regionally sourced ingredients into seasonally-changing, custom menus for just about every client. Boosted by an on-site garden and a strong focus on community outreach, Cobb Galleria Centre is taking the convention center culinary experience to a new level. Small batch cooking on a large scale – it can be done, and done well.
LOCAL AND REGIONAL FOOD SOURCING:
Chef Walker has sought out successful partnerships with many local and regional farms and small businesses, purchasing locally whenever possible. Local products include:
- Daily fresh bread and rolls from local bakeries
- Pork, bacon and sausages from Comfort Farms
- Pork, bellies and sausages from Heritage Farms
- Local, seasonal seafood including shrimp and shellfish
- Local beef sourced from varied farms Georgia
- Local dairy sourced from varied farms Georgia
- Organic and heirloom produce sourced from varied farms across Georgia.
- Local honey
- Local yogurt
- Local olive oil
- Pure Bliss Organics granola and nut products
- Varied local cheese from Sweet Grass Dairy, Goat Lady Dairy and others
- Artisan greens and lettuce from Athens, Ga.
- Local craft beer selections from SweetWater and Monday Night breweries
- Heirloom beans, peas, and grains including Sea Island Red Peas and Carolina Gold Rice.
- Honeysuckle Gelato
- High Road Craft Ice Cream
- Red Mule Grits, polenta, and cornmeal
- Butter and buttermilk from Banner Butter
FRESH STARTS HERE:
Combing the resources of the locally-sourced food and our on-site garden, our culinary team is able to make just about every food item we serve in-house. We also offer the flexibility to cater to any dietary need including Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian and Vegan. House-made products include:
- Stocks and sauces
- Desserts – petit fours, pastries, cakes, pies and truffles
- Salad dressings
- Herb-infused oils, vinegar and hot sauces (sourced from our on-site garden)
- Marinades and rubs
- Cured and marinated poultry, pork, beef and fish